Sana University Spartan Dawgs State shirt
Official Sana University Spartan Dawgs State shirt
another incident, Witvliet was rushed to the Official Sana University Spartan Dawgs State shirt Additionally,I will love this hospital for a seizure, and was attended by a physician who asked if she had used drugs, she said. “I was not treated with dignity,” she said, adding that on one occasion her husband, who is white, accompanied her to an appointment. And the doctor would only address him. “Yet, I am the one who is a health expert with a PhD and I am not a child.” After hearing multiple women of color share similar stories of seeking treatment for their long Covid symptoms, Witvliet decided to create a safe space where their voices could be heard. “I wanted to be able to use the fact that I was a professor and a social epidemiologist to really help these women who were suffering,” Witvliet said. “So that’s what this group has done. And I’ve met some really phenomenal women, and we have lasting friendships in this group because we’re all unified by this trauma that’s happened to us.” The Facebook support group has nearly 400 members, all women of color, and they discuss ways to monitor and alleviate their symptoms, and speak with doctors about long Covid diagnoses. Witvliet also invites experts to discuss self-care and health challenges related to Covid. As for Smith, who is an active member of the group, she said she helps members file paperwork to claim disability benefits because many group members are rejected. (As of July 2021, long Covid is considered a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.) Barriers to long Covid care Although there is no official test to diagnose long Covid, Dr. Sabrina Assoumou, an infectious diseases physician at Boston Medical Center, said that doctors look for symptoms like prolonged fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, shortness of breath and “lingering pulmonary symptoms” to determine whether a person is experiencing long Covid. She added that the same structural racism that makes Black people more susceptible to Covid than other groups are the same inequities that create barriers to receiving long Covid treatment. These barriers include, inadequate health insurance coverage, lack of

Buy this shirt: Click here to buy this Official Sana University Spartan Dawgs State shirt
Comments
Post a Comment